Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Saturday 23 January 2010

A spot of lunch in Jasper

With my wife a bit under the weather I didn't want to be away from home, but I had a commitment to meet a client in Jasper to kick off a project there. So I decided to drive the 900+ km round trip in a day, and keep everyone happy. I've driven the Icefields Parkway a few times, and cycled from Jasper to Banff last summer, but never driven it in winter before. Matt Forshaw joined me, as he wanted to spot a few climbing objectives on the Parkway. The trip went really well, although the whole day out was 16 hours, and I didn't sleep much the night before due to the cats deciding to play games on top of me all night. I posted a few pictures of the trip here.

No comments: