Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Saturday 12 March 2016

Back on the water, 2016

The weather this winter has been crazily warm. I lost track of whether we've paddled already this year, but I had a vague idea that maybe we were out in early January. I remember a December trip, for sure.

Launching from the ice Regardless, it's that time again already. My mountain skis remain unused this season, and now the boat is back on the river. It was great to see some of the guys with whom I paddled last year - some friends from Bow Waters, and some just acquaintances from previous passing conversations in an eddy here and there.

We paddled from Baker Park to Shouldice Bridge. There were about 18 inches of ice on the southern shore at Bowness Park, and that extended 3 ft underwater in places. Not a sensible day for a swim!
Bowness ice sheet in slow recession.

No comments: