Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Tuesday 17 May 2011

A little closer

I feel like my whole life is becoming about this trip already....get up, go to work, think about paddling all day, spend lunch time eyeing the dehydrated food at Sobeys, then head to the shops, looking for solutions to the varius problems we have to resolve. Tonight's job was a trip to Candian Tire to look for a roll-up aluminium table. They were out of stock, but I managed to come home with a food dehydrator, a folding washing up bowl, some wood for the stove (needs cutting up), cutlery, clear garbage bags, a skillet, and multiple plastic bottles for spices. And I thought we had everythig! I agonised over fishing rods. There was one for $20 that might have done the job, but then I noticed that the kids' rods next it (fluorescent orange and green plastic) were $10, and decided that there must be a catch (forgive the pun).

We've spent all evening talking about dehydrated food (and whether a whisky platypus looks a bit desperate). Six weeks to go......

No comments: