Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Looking west from South Baldy, Kananskis Country

Monday 29 June 2009

Weekend in Golden

Just back from a great weekend staying with friends near Golden, BC. What a fantastic location! We paddled down the Columbia River, did a couple of MTB rides, and hiked down the Kicking Horse ski hill trails. My legs are sore, and I was pleased that we'd done so much exercise, but I've just noticed bruises all down one leg, suggesting that my general ineptitude at steering and sitting on a mountain bike may be responsible instead. We biked on Mount 7 and Moonrakers trails - fantastic trail networks that made me wonder why Calgary is so short on such facilities.

I had to post these pictures, although the trip photos are here. Someone had left their trash out and this young bear had been attracted into their garden. Although I managed to get a great couple of shots while Mark was scooping up and binning the refuse, I was sad and angry, as there's a good chance that this bear will end up getting shot as a result of people's laziness. CLEAN UP YOUR TRASH! The lesson ends....poor bear.

No comments: